PlazaLive Radio Broadcasting
 >  >>
Started by Leviathan
(2015-05-27 12:19:23)
Leviathan (2015-05-27 12:19:23)
Changelog show

PlazaLive v0.5--------

+added the DJ message in tiny letters below the listeners count

+added request form with Shout out, Song, Competition, joke, and Misc request options. Now you can request the DJs do all sorts of things!

+added DJ report form

----------------------
PlazaLive v0.1--------

+added footer
+added hidden copyright info
+added listener counter
+added Radio DJ panel with DJ exclusive features
----------------------

Its done.

Live.3dsplaza.com

There it is. That is the live stream. There will be nothing heard if there is nobody streaming. Which, currently, there isn't.

Information:

PlazaLive is a dedicated shoutcast server. This means no matter what, any person with the password and information can connect and instantly start streaming.

There are three ways of listening to the broadcast.

1. The flash player embedded into live.3dsplaza.com
2. Listen directly using the mobile link already there.
3. Use an app to do it. I recommend this. My favorite is XiiaLIVE on both appstores. It will ask you for a hostname or IP, and a port. Look below to get those.

User credentials and information:

Hostname: 178.32.50.185
Port: 20117
Bitrate: 64Kbit/s
Stream URL: http://178.32.50.185:20117

That should be all you need to configure any third party software.

Here is what needs to be done. I need people to tell their friends, and do everything to publicize plazalive. Because we need people signing up to be a DJ. Otherwise this will fail. I have myself and Adler currently as DJs. If you like this idea, become a DJ so we can keep this going.

Rules for DJs(Feel free to report malicious DJs.):

1. Try to keep cursing to a minimum. If you must, use it offhandedly. We don't want an f-bomb every other word.

2. DO NOT PLAY COPYRIGHTED SONGS. This means nothing that can be found in Google play or the app store. Feel free to stock up on downloaded songs from youtube-based-artists like Smosh or whatever else you can find. But you will put Rob in jail if you play starships by Nicki minaj. This rules is a one-time offense and will stressed often. If you break this rules, ever, you will be suspended.

3. Don't play inappropriate songs.

4. You absolutely MUST see who is going on after you in the DJ panel, and be in communication with that person at least ten minutes before you go off. You count that person down starting at 1:00. Then when it gets to 20 seconds, say 20 Seconds NWC(next word connect} and then the next word you say wi be their cue to connect. (Kepp in mind that there I'd lag to the server. You will not always have perfect uptime, and when your predecessor says to connect,the end of his stream might still be sending to the website.

What is encouraged:

1. Get on there and just talk. Don't do any songs or anything. Just talk about random crap. We want to hear your voice. Your opinions. What happened today? What's the funniest thing that has ever happened to you? Read the forums. Anything.

2. Stock up on songs. We like songs. Go find remixes of Zelda songs. Go find piano music on YouTube and use a YouTube downloaded to download it. Give us music to fill in the bad spots.

3. Have guests on the show. Talk to other plazians or simply have tour sister make a debue.

4. Be in a chatroom while you're streaming. Read messages and talk to people. (Soon, we will have a chatroom on the page integrated with the 3dsplaza users. Thanks, SL!)

When you become a DJ, you will be given everything you need to start. Software, DJ panel access, etc.

Please become a DJ and get the livestream going.

This post has been edited one or more times, the last time was:
2015-05-27 22:11:18

I'm an open book, there are few questions I won't answer honestly, no matter how embarrassing.
Leviathan (2015-05-27 12:19:40)
I request this stickied.
I'm an open book, there are few questions I won't answer honestly, no matter how embarrassing.
Nutsy (2015-05-27 14:33:42)
*Debut

Leviathan (2015-05-27 14:34:30)
Leave it to Nutsy.
Leviathan (2015-05-27 15:52:08)
^ Agreed.

Like I said, You simply can't have a radio station without DJs. I am only able to do it on Monday nights, Tuesday Mornings, Wedsday nights, All of Thursday, and Saturday nights. So I can't keep the radio filled all the time. I need another radio manager and people being a DJ.

If anybody is interested, I can make a tutorial on using a voice synthesizer (Text to Speech) to DJ without having to have a microphone.
Leviathan (2015-05-27 16:58:38)
^ In the broadcasting software you will be using on PC, you can select the source for the microphone and have it set to gather data from your internal sound card. Making it record anything that comes out of your speakers and send it to the server. You will have to set up a relay mic that spits out everything you say to the soundcard, and Skype. That way it gets your voice too. I can walk you through the process of this.

You can also record a Skype conversation and play it on-air like you would a song too. Whichever you prefer.
Leviathan (2015-05-27 18:30:14)
PlazaLive v0.1--------

+added footer
+added hidden copyright info
+added listener counter
+added Radio DJ panel with DJ exclusive features
-----------------------
Perfect_Chaos (2015-05-27 20:11:08)
Nice

Leviathan (2015-05-27 20:44:58)
PlazaLive v0.5--------

+added the DJ message in tiny letters below the listeners count

+added request form with Shout out, Song, Competition, joke, and Misc request options. Now you can request the DJs do all sorts of things

+added DJ report form

----------------------

2015-05-27 20:47:52

Lani (2015-05-27 21:11:28)
Great job, keep it up

Stickied!
Sticky request granted

Also, you should probably put the changelog in a spoiler...just a suggestion.

2015-05-27 21:13:12

Leviathan (2015-05-27 21:23:17)
Formating is difficult on my phone because it won't stop autocorrecring. Could you do it for me?
Lani (2015-05-27 22:13:44)
Done
carlos11 (2015-05-27 22:18:17)
These restrictions take a lot of the fun out of the whole thing.

When does the Wii U version come out?
Language is a tool for efficient communication. The internet is a tool for fast communication. Do not defy both intents by posting incoherent writing.
Leviathan (2015-05-27 22:40:20)
^ I think Rob would rather avoid a lawsuit.
carlos11 (2015-05-27 22:41:33)
The problem is that you wanted this to be tied to the website.
Language is a tool for efficient communication. The internet is a tool for fast communication. Do not defy both intents by posting incoherent writing.
 >  >>

This topic's ID: 80206

Back to forum: This Plaza